Let me start by saying I am really enjoying my lessons with Susan Jaccoma. Most of you know I am very picky and very protective of my partnership with my horse. I have gone through a lot of trainers unhappy with the results. Welmingh love’s the exercises Sue has presented us and I do as well. There is a lot to take in during a lesson so I will summarize some of the exercises as per your request.
Today we are working on engaging the hind quarters and getting more swing behind.
1) Start in the walk, Half steps, Collected trot, medium trot, collected trot, half steps walk (on the circle)
– I love the engagement as an end result of this exercise
2) Walk piroutte 2 steps to leg yield 2 steps off of the inside leg, canter transition to piroutte
– my horse got stuck in the canter pirouette so we modified it to a volte with 2 steps shoulder in 2 steps shoulder out (medium to refresh the tempo)
3) Leg yield to x then medium in trot
4) Trot haunches in on the circle to collected trot. repeat.
If you have questions please feel free to post them on the Facebook page and I will do my best to answer them. This all sounds so much easier typed!